Researching Brand and Reputation
Marketwise Strategies helps universities to understand attitudes towards their brands, develop brand propositions and measure their reputations among a full range of stakeholders. The examples below provide a brief snapshot of our work.
Business and research-focused brands
- Exploring perceptions of the research brand of a leading UK university, among its research partners in the UK and internationally. In-depth qualitative study, focusing on specific industries and research disciplines and involving organisations from global corporations to SMEs. Part of a major brand and marketing review.
- Research to inform a new business-facing brand of a university. Qualitative research among CEOs and other senior figures in the public and private sector and in business support. Supplemented by desk research into local and national competitors.
- Assessing brand awareness, recognition and affinity, within a review of the business-facing brand of a post-1992 university. Focus groups among local businesses and desk research to explore competitor brands.
Research among students, applicants, alumni and influencers
- Reputation and brand positioning research (UK and international) for a highly-ranked Design School. Involved depth interviews with employers and opinion leaders in the UK and internationally.
- Brand perceptions research among current students, applicants, advisors and alumni. Included focus groups and depth interviews among applicants and their advisors, and online research among current students and alumni.