Senior Research Consultant
Bethan leads our market research in healthcare and biosciences, and plays a key role in our wider B2B and technology research and consultancy. Her work includes helping to shape new product and service offers, clarifying market fit for new innovations, and de-risking new initiatives and organisational change.
Working with clients in education, commercial enterprises, professional bodies, and across the public and not-for profit sectors, Bethan designs and delivers qualitative, quantitative and multi-methods research.
She brings to her projects a strong academic background in health sciences, including a First Class honours degree in Medical Microbiology and Immunology, and a PhD in Immunology; both from Newcastle University.
Clients also benefit from Bethan’s:
- Experience in researching a variety of health, science and technology innovations.
- Strong understanding of service commissioning environments and UK public healthcare structures.
- Excellent track record in recruiting and interviewing senior stakeholders in public and private health organisations, and senior academics working in health science disciplines.
- Talent for distilling complex concepts into straightforward analyses and actionable recommendations.
Bethan originally joined Marketwise Strategies in 2007 as a Research Executive and was involved in a range of qualitative, desk and quantitative research projects. After a period spent raising a family, she returned to us in summer 2018 as Senior Research Consultant.
Her project experience includes:
- Research to inform business engagement and revenue generation for a leading (health science) academic research group.
- Proof of concept research for a variety of university spin-out enterprises.
- Multi-audience, multi-methods research to inform a public health campaign.
- Investigating professional development needs among a number of health professions, on behalf of a national, membership body.
To discuss research or strategy support in health, science or technology markets, please telephone Dr Bethan Sayers or Jacquie Potts, on 0191 2614426, or complete our email contact form.