Build your market research career at Marketwise Strategies
Full and Part Time Market Research Roles
Marketwise Strategies is growing and is interested in hearing from experienced researchers who have the spark to help us meet our growth targets. We offer:
- Varied and stimulating work
- Early responsibility
- An opportunity to work with high profile B2B, Education and Not-for-Profit clients
- And a friendly and supportive team environment, in which every member’s contribution is valued.
Salaries are competitive and negotiable, based upon your experience and the contribution that you can make to the business.
Your academic record will be impressive and will normally include a postgraduate degree – masters or doctorate (the subject discipline is less important). Market Research Society or Chartered Institute of Marketing qualifications are desirable.
We look for excellent research skills and experience of delivering high quality, insightful outcomes for business, education or not-for-profit/public sector clients. You will have ambition and drive, be full of ideas, and have a passion for building superb relationships with clients and colleagues. A talent for communication, both written and oral, is a must.
If you have what it takes then, even if we have no suitable vacancies at that time, we will be happy to keep your details on file and will contact you when a vacancy occurs.
All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you would be interested in working at Marketwise Strategies, now or in the future, please email your full CV and covering letter to [email protected] or, to discuss opportunities, call Rose Bunker (Business Manager) on 0191 261 4426.
Senior Research Consultant – Current Vacancy
(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Salary range £25,000 to £32,000
In response to a growing portfolio of projects, we are seeking a Senior Research Consultant who has a strong record in B2B research and is equally happy working on qualitative or quantitative projects. This role encompasses the full range of research activities, from project design to presenting findings to high profile clients, across the UK.
To succeed in this role, you will have first rate analytical and reporting skills, be capable of diagnosing business issues and translating them into research requirements, and be able to win and maintain the confidence of senior managers from initial brief to presentation of findings. You will also be a highly capable desk researcher and have a solid grounding in qualitative and quantitative methods. Experience in segmentation and pricing research would be an advantage.
From the start, you will have the opportunity to lead your own portfolio of projects and to contribute to other projects across the business, producing robust, insightful and actionable research outputs.
You can expect
- Varied and stimulating projects that are strategic and make a real difference to client organisations, across a variety of markets
- Support to develop your skills (including coaching and further qualifications, where appropriate).
- A friendly team culture that is based upon mutual support and a highly ethical approach to business
- An opportunity to be part of a company that is ‘going places’ and has a reputation for excellence in research.
- Postgraduate qualification
- Experienced in:
- Managing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects, in a research agency or clientside role
- New product development and market entry research
- Developing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, often to meet complex research requirements, with minimal supervision
- Developing qualitative and quantitative questionnaires, discussion guides and stimulus materials for a range of research participants, including senior executives
- Conducting detailed desk research and/or literature reviews, to address complex research challenges
- Developing effective client relationships
- Developing detailed, qualitative and quantitative research reports, to a standard suitable for publication
- Knowledge and understanding of B2B research
- Excellent oral and written communications
- A clear and engaging writing style
- Competent and confident in engaging with senior level clients and research participants
- Has the drive and determination to manage complex and challenging projects from start to successful completion
- A strong client focus and commercial acumen
- Desire for early responsibility
- Comfortable as a team member or leader
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate client requirements
- Willing and able to travel to client locations (within the UK) and to stay overnight when required
- Commitment to ethical business practices.
- Market Research Society qualification
- Experience in using quantitative research software packages
- Knowledge of education/skills markets
- Experience in diagnosing research requirements and developing project proposals.
- A flair for business development.
If you are interested in this role, please email your full CV and covering letter to [email protected]. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Research Executive roles
(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Salary range £20,000 to £25,000
From time to time, we recruit to Research Executive roles. Projects and requirements are similar to the Senior Research Consultant role above, but would be suitable for a less experienced candidate.
If you are interested in being considered for any Research Executive vacancies that may arise, please email your full CV and covering letter to [email protected]. All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Research Associate (Freelance) roles
Marketwise Strategies works with a small number of carefully selected associates, who have the experience, personality and drive to supplement our core research team. Working on a wide variety of projects, Research Associates bring either expertise in one or more sectors, or the ability to contribute across a range of research projects.
If you have a strong track record in designing and delivering market research, or can contribute research or consultancy skills in one of our core markets, then we will be delighted to hear from you.
To apply, please email your full CV and covering letter to [email protected], or call Rose Bunker (Business Manager) on 0191 261 4426.
Audio Typing and Administration
Alongside our research staff, we also employ audio transcribers, who work with us on a part-time, flexible basis.
We require individuals with fast and accurate audio typing skills, together with a high level of IT literacy. To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and work to the highest of standards.
To apply, please email your full CV and covering letter to our Business Manager, Rose Bunker, at [email protected].